Non-slip stair tread gratings
Stairs are a high-risk area when it comes to slip, trip and fall accidents due to a variety of factors including uneven surfaces, lack of traction, poor lighting, lack of handrails or even clutter.
Falls on slippery stairs can result in serious injuries and in some cases can even be fatal. To reduce the risk of slips and falls on slippery stairs, it’s important to use non-slip materials.
Our anti-slip GRP stair tread gratings are a quick and cost effective solution to safer stairs. The stair treads made of Fiberglass are of extremely high quality and durability. The gratings are also provided with a sanded surface applied with resin for achieving higher anti-slip quality.
What are the benefits?
Our non slip stair treads gratings have many advantages compared to similar materials:
- Improved safety: Provides a durable, slip resistant, non corrosive surface that prevents slips, trips and falls
- Reduces the risk of injuries and improves overall safety of the staircase
- Installation: Easy to install and maintain
- Demonstrates commitment to safety and compliance with safety regulations – preventing severe work-related incidents (LTI)
- Cost-effective solution: Our stair treads reduce maintenance costs, are versatile and are easy to install.
“Unique solution is our standard”. To us, every solution is a special solution. We deliver easy, innovative and effective anti-slip solutions based on research, consultation and thoroughly tested materials.
Visit our Youtube Channel to view product installation guides.
10 years warranty
100% maintenance free
Easy to install and modify
Stair tread gratings can be useful in a variety of environments, where stairs are used – such as industrial facilities, energy sector, warehouses, processing plants and other public and private environments, where the risk of slips and falls are present and safety is a concern. Additionally, stairs that come into contact with either oil, water, ice, grease or chemicals should always be anti-slip secured.
- Industrial and manufacturing facilities
- Marine and off-shore environments
- Commercial settings
- Public and private spaces
- Chemical processing plants
- Food and Pharma
- Outdoor spaces
Slippery stairs are a significant hazard, especially in industrial and commercial settings, where there may be heavy foot traffic, potentially hazardous materials or equipment in the area. It can cause people slip and fall, which can lead to serious injuries such as broken bones, head injuries, and even death.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), falls are the second leading cause of accidental injury and death worldwide, with an estimated 37.3 [source below] million falls severe enough to require medical attention each year. In fact, according to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, falls on the same level (including falls on stairs), were responsible for approximately 17% of all nonfatal workplace injuries resulting in days away from work in 2019 [source below].
These statistics highlight the importance of taking steps to prevent falls on stairs, including using anti-slip stair tread gratings and other slip-resistant materials like step covers and step nosings.
Safety compliance is crucially important and any company, institution or organisation can be held liable, if a staff member or a visitor fall on their stairs due to a lack of safety measures in the workplace. The consequences can be serious including:
- Legal prosecution
- Fines and penalties
- Reputational damage
- Increased insurance claims
- Loss of productivity
Our GRP anti-slip stair treads are designed to upgrade the safety of the stairs. It primarily improves the traction of the staircase, making them an excellent choice for many stairway projects in any variety of settings. GRP/FRP Stair treads are becoming increasingly popular in many industries because of their many benefits over traditional materials like steel, wood or concrete.
- Gratings are provided with a sanded surface applied with resin to provide the step grips with optimum friction
- Our stair treads are as strong as steel grates and do not require painting or coating
- They are made of lightweight material, making them easy to maintain, install and handle
- 100% maintenance free and therefore has a great ROI
- Stair treads are extremely durable, resistant to corrosion, weathering, chemical exposure, and UV radiation
- Our FRP/GRP stair treads are ergonomic to walk and stand on as they are flexible
- We can equip the stair treads with a yellow anti-slip “ nose” embedded into the step
- It can be customised to fit the specific requirements of your project, including size, the type of grip top surface and thickness
For an installation guide and other technical specifications check out our Stair Tread gratings Datasheet. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we will be more than happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please view our installation guide for Stair Treads here.
Cutting your stair tread is simple and similar to working with wood, with some slight differences. Usually, the solution will be delivered to size.
For installation of non-slip stair treads, appropriate fixing clips (a minimum of 4 per panel) should be used to hold down gratings.
Regular cleaning will keep your stair treads free of debris and looking new. Products are easily cleaned by high-pressure water or steam – or just a normal broom. Do not use steel brushes or chemical cleaners on the surface.
A minimum of ten years.
Step covers can be considered environmentally friendly to some extent for several reasons:
- Long lifespan: GRP step covers are designed to be durable and long-lasting, which reduces the need for frequent replacement and helps minimize waste.
- Low maintenance: GRP step covers are resistant to water, chemicals, and other forms of wear and tear, which helps to reduce the need for frequent maintenance and repairs.
- Recyclable: GRP is a recyclable material, which means that at the end of its lifespan, it can be recycled. That helps to reduce waste and preserve natural resources.
- Energy efficient: The production of GRP is energy-efficient and does not produce harmful emissions or waste, which make it a more environmentally responsible choice compared to other materials.
Do you need help finding the best solution? You are always welcome to contact us.
They instantly improve safety wherever they are installed. The stair treads improve slip safety underfoot.
Our anti slip stair treads are a type of stair tread made from composite material that is lightweight, durable, and resistant to corrosion, chemicals and UV radiation.
The choice of material for stair tread gratings depends on several factors, such as the intended use, the level of traffic, the environment and the budget.
Our high-quality stair tread gratings are lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and non-conductive making them ideal for industrial and commercial settings where safety is a concern.
We offer GRP gratings in standard colour grey (RAL 7004), or any other colour combination. For more technical specifications, check out our Stair Tread gratings Datasheet.
When selecting the right type of GRP stair treads for your specific requirement, there are several factors that need to be considered:
- Slip resistance properties
- Determining the size and shape
- Identifying the traffic volume
- Technical requirements to product
- Type of surfaces
- Installation and cleaning
Working with a knowledgeable supplier like Real Safety will ensure you choose the right type of GRP stair treads for your needs based on these factors.
Other anti-slip solutions
Anti-slip step cover
A quick and cost-effective way to upgrade slippery stairs is to use Real Safety’s anti slip step covers. Safety covers will slip proof the area – but more importantly, the anti slip steps will prevent accidents from happening in the first place! Read more about our step covers.
Anti-slip step nosing
These are anti-slip strips of GRP material that are installed on the edge of stairs to provide a non-slip surface. Our GRP stair nosing is designed for mounting onto existing steps in order to effectively upgrade the safety of the stairs. Read more about our step nosing.
Anti-slip landing covers
Landing covers provide a slip-resistant surface on landing areas, such as the top or bottom of stairways and landings. They are made from high quality GRP – and come in four different colours and two surface grit options (extra coarse / coarse). Read about our landing covers.