Rig Safety Rotary Table Mats
Safety is of utmost importance in drilling operations as the drill floor is a high risk-area where workers are exposed to potential hazards.
Our Rig Safety Mats for rotary tables are especially designed to provide a safe working environment for workers who are operating drilling rigs. Indeed, many incidents can be avoided altogether by using our simple, yet durable drilling mats. Our Rig Safety Mats are widely recognised as the premier solution for preventing slips and falls – and increasing rig floor safety generally.
The anti slip Rotary Table Mats are custom made from heavy duty polyurethane to fit this exact type of floor. The mats are resistant to chemicals and drilling mud, fire retardant and also absorb the impact from heavy compression. The anti slip mats are durable and extremely robust and come with a traction pattern that is molded into the mat surface alongside molded grooves. That helps with the drainage of drilling fluids and provides a safe and secure environment for employees working on – or around the rotary table.
What are the benefits?
Rig safety mats for rotary tables key benefits for drilling operation companies include:
- Compliance – by using rig safety rotary table mats, companies can ensure compliance with safety regulations and industry standards and avoid fines and penalties.
- Reduced risk of injuries – The rig mats can help protect workers and equipment and also reduce downtime due to accidents.
- Reduce lost workdays – By installing our rig safety mats, drilling companies can help protect their workers and improve overall efficiency and productivity of their operations
- Protection of equipment and the environment – Rig Safety mats can help protect rotary tables from damage due to drop objects or heavy equipment, which can save companies money in the long run.
- Cost-effective – Our rotary table mats are durable and long-lasting, and provide a significant return on investment over time.
We have proven track records since 2005 and our rig safety mats for drill floors are the product of choice and are extensively used on rigs and platforms globally.
Visit our YouTube Channel where you can subscribe and view product videos.
Anti-slip for maximum safety
Drainage channels for excess fluids
Durable and robust
Choice of colours
The primary application for rig safety rotary tables mats is to improve safety on the drilling rig floor.
By providing a stable and secure surface for workers to stand on while working around the rotary table, these mats can help prevent slips, trips, and falls, which are some of the most common causes of accidents and injuries on the rig floor.
- Drill Floors
- Rotary table
- Drilling operations
- Rig sites
- Wet or slippery conditions – In drilling operations, the drill floor can become wet and slippery due to the presence of mud, water, and or other fluids. Rig safety mat can provide a non-slip surface that helps workers maintain their footing and prevent slips and falls.
- Heavy Equipment and tools – In this type of operations, heavy equipment and tools are often used on the drill floor. Our safety table mats can provide cushioned surfaces that help absorb the impact of dropped tools or equipment, reducing the risk of damage or injury.
- Chemical Spills – Drilling operations often involve the use of chemicals and hydraulic fluids, which can be hazardous if spilled. Rig safety mats can help contain and absorb spills – including drilling mud, reducing the risk of exposure to hazardous materials
- Electrical hazards – In drilling operation, there is a risk of electrical hazards due to the use of electrical equipment and wiring. Rig safety table mats can provide an insulating layer that helps protect workers from electrical shocks.
Prevention of slips, trips and falls – Our rig safety mats are designed to provide a non-slip surface which is especially important in drilling operations where workers are often in wet or slippery conditions.
The drilling industry is one of the most hazardous occupations around. Crush injuries, slips and falls, and fires are just a few of the top hazards that can occur on rigs.
In fact, there have been several offshore drilling accidents over the years, some of which have resulted in environmental damage and loss of life. Here are some examples:
- Pipe Alpha oil rig disaster in 1988 resulting in the loss of 167 lives and was considered one of the worlds offshore oil disasters
- Deepwater Horizon Spill in 2010, which suffered a blowout that caused an explosion and fire resulting in the death of 11 workers.
Some of the consequences drilling operations face if they fail to prioritize safety measures, include:
- Injuries and fatalities – Failure to implement safety measures can lead to serious accidents.
- Environmental damage – Accidents can result in catastrophic environmental damage to the surrounding environment.
- Regulatory fines and penalties – Failure to comply with safety regulations can result in fines and penalties from regulatory agencies.
- Lawsuits – Workers who are injured on the job may sue the drilling operation for damages which can be costly and time-consuming.
- Damage to reputation – A poor safety record can damage the operation´s reputation and make it more difficult to attract and retain skilled workers. Customers and stakeholders may also view the operation as unreliable or unsafe, leading to a loss of business.
Implementing safety measures is therefore essential for drilling operation companies to protect their workers, the environment and their bottom line.
The primary purpose of our drill floor mats is to provide a safe, stable and slip-resistant surface for workers and equipment on the drill floor. Our rig mats enhance not only the safety of your workers, but also the efficiency of your drilling operations. Other benefits include:
- We have delivered safety solutions to the oil and gas industry for almost 20 years
- The mats are custom made to fit client specifications
- A choice of colours to signal Red Zones and other areas
- Drainage channels for excess fluids
- Additional securing of monkey board drilling areas
- Markings and logos can be incorporated into the surface of the product
- They provide a slip-resistant and stable working surface
- They can withstand heavy loads, impact and harsh weather conditions
- They protect the equipment used in drilling operations from damage caused by vibration, impact, and debris.
- Help prevent damage to the drill floor which can be costly to repair
- Cost-effective solution for drill floors because it is easy to install on site.
Our rig mats are classed as non-hazardous materials and can be shipped through conventional methods. Don’t compromise on worker safety. Incorporate rig safety rotary table mats into your drilling operation.
Do you need help finding the right solution or have you got any questions about our rig safety rotary table mats? Contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please view our installation guide for Rig Safety Rotary Safety Mats here.
Rig Safety Rotary Table Mats are easily installed on site. The weight of the drill mat itself is normally enough to secure a safe placement. Otherwise, the mat can be secured using conventional fixings.
Please note that this product is heavy! Use lifting aids and suitable manpower to avoid hazards.
Get in touch contact us for more information.
The heavy duty rotary safety mats should be cleaned regularly using water based detergents, a stiff brush or high-pressure washers – using any of the following methods:
- Steam, if available
- High pressure water
- Non-flammable solvent which will remove oil and grease
A minimum of ten years.
Rig Safety Rotary Table mats are made from heavy duty polyurethane. Depending on disposal methods, polyurethane can be recycled. In fact, recycled polyurethane is present in products with very different uses and in multiple sectors. Its residues, once ground and reprocessed, make it possible to manufacture high-density panels that replace wood and chipboard.
Our rig rotary table mats are built to withstand heavy impact and require low maintenance. Resistance to chemicals, spills and other forms of wear and tear, helps to reduce the need for frequent maintenance and repairs, which has a positive environmental impact.
Do you need help finding the best solution? You are always welcome to contact us.
Being one of the toughest places to work, the passive safety on a drill floor is very important. People working under these conditions are skilled and trained in taking risk and incident prevention. Nevertheless, these conditions make it hard to keep focus on all risks while working. This is where we come in to help with platform safety and preventing slippery flooring.
Our Rig Safety Rotary Table Mats are made from heavy duty polyurethane. This special formulation material is chemical resistant, fire retardant, and will absorb the impact of heavy compression.
Based on the fire test, our pads quality is class B according to DIN 1402. The mats are classed as non-hazardous materials and can be shipped through conventional methods.
It is durable and can withstand the harsh conditions of drilling operations including high temperature, chemicals and oils.
Choosing the right rig safety mats is an important decision that can impact the safety, efficiency, and productivity of your drilling operations. Considerations include:
- Determining the size and shape needed
- Picking the right anti-slip material
- Determining the load capacity
- Identifying the environmental factors
- Maintenance and cleaning requirements
- Certification and compliance
- Electrical conductivity
- Installation method
By considering these factors, you can choose the right Rig Safety Rotary Safety Mats that meet your needs and provide a safe and efficient working environment for your drilling operations. Our mats are widely recognised as the premier solution for preventing slips and falls but also for increasing rig floor safety generally on the market.
We offer our clients a personal consultancy approach to understand the industry they serve and the challenges they are facing, so we can provide them with the best safety upgrade solutions. If you have any risk areas that need safety upgrades please contact us. We would be happy to hear from you.
Other anti-slip solutions
Rig Safety Setback Area Mat
RIG Safety Mats for Setback areas have been designed for use during drilling operations and are widely recognised as the premier solution for preventing slips and falls. Read more about our Setback Area Mats.
Escape Route Markings
Real Safe Escape route markers is the award-winning, effective GRP Floor marking solution for emergency exits and emergency escape routes for offshore, industrial and maritime environments. Read about our Escape Route Markings
Anti-slip stair tread gratings
These are pre-formed, GRP stair treads that replace existing stair covers. They are as strong as steel grates, low weight and corrosion free. Furthermore, they are 100% maintenance free and therefore offer great ROI. Read about our stair tread gratings.