Anti-Slip GRP Ladder Rung Covers
Ladders can be quite slippery, especially if the rungs or your shoes are in contact with water, grease, or other slippery organic material.
Working on ladders has an increased danger, depending on the height – which can lead to serious injuries or even death. It is therefore extremely important to secure ladders and our anti-slip ladder rung covers are designed to prevent slips and falls.
They are made from quality fiberglass with embedded aluminum oxide grits. This makes them almost indestructible and very slip resistant.
Our anti-slip covers fit directly onto existing rungs and can cover all standard rungs: Half-round on round ladder rungs and Channel on square and diamond shaped rungs.
The covers also protect the ladder rungs from wear and tear, extending the lifespan of the ladder and reducing maintenance costs.
What are the benefits?
Our rung covers are typically used in marine, off-shore, industrial and commercial settings where ladders are used to access elevated areas. Benefits include:
- Reduced slip and fall hazards – The anti-slip surface provides an excellent grip – even when the ladder is wet or oily, making it safe for workers to climb and descend.
- Improving ladder safety – By installing our ladder rung covers, the risk of slips and falls is greatly reduced.
- Meeting safety standards – Installing our fiberglass ladder rung covers can ensure that safety standards and regulations are met – reducing the risk of non-compliance penalties or legal liabilities.
- Reducing workplace accidents and injury costs – By reducing the risk of slips and falls, our ladder rung covers reduce costs related to accidents.
Visit our Youtube Channel, where you can subscribe and view product videos.
Easy and quick to modify and install
10 years warranty – no maintenance
Non-slip, corrosion free surface
Different colours and shapes available
Heavy duty / high strength
GRP ladder rung covers are typically used in offshore, marine, industrial and commercial settings where ladders are used to access elevated areas. They are ideal for use in areas where there is a high risk of slips and falls, such as in wet and oily conditions, or where there is exposure to chemicals or other hazardous materials.
- Offshore facilities
- Maritime settings
- Manufacturing plants
- Construction sites
- Maintenance facilities
Our anti slip rung covers offer several advantages compared to other materials commonly used for ladder rung covers, such as aluminum, steel or rubber. These rung covers are highly resistant to corrosion and chemical damage, making them an ideal choice for use in harsh environments. In contrast, aluminum or steel may corrode over time, which can compromise their structural integrity and slip resistance.
Our ladder rung covers are also encapsulated with sharp silicon carbide stones. That gives them a high coefficient of friction which means that they offer excellent slip resistance. This makes them ideal for use in wet or oily environments where slip and fall hazards are a concern. They can be retrofitted onto existing steel ladder rungs.
Slips and falls on ladders can result in serious injuries or even fatalities, which can have a significant impact on individuals and businesses.
According to the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration ( OSHA), falls from ladders are one of the leading causes of workplace injuries and fatalities. In 2020, there were 161 fatal work injuries from which ladders were the primary source. Installation, maintenance and repair occupations had 5,790 incidents and construction and extraction occupations had 5,770 ladder injuries. These numbers are alarming!
Statistics also show that ladder accidents are not limited to any particular industry or occupation. Falls from ladders can occur in a variety of workplaces, including construction sites, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, maritime and offices – and even in people’s homes..
If a company fails to secure the safety of ladders that workers are using, they can face serious consequences, including:
- Regulatory fines and penalties – Failure to comply with safety regulations can result in fines and penalties from regulatory agencies.
- Lawsuits – Workers who are injured on the job may sue the organisation for damages, which can be costly and time-consuming.
- Damage to reputation – A poor safety record can damage a company’s reputation and make it more difficult to attract and retain skilled workers.
- Fatal injuries from ladders in 2020
By covering existing ladder rungs with anti-slip ladder rung covers, workers can climb ladders more safely. Other benefits include:
- Available in channel and half round shapes which cover all standard rungs
- We have encapsulated aluminum oxide grits into the surface of the glass fiber to provide the step grips with optimum friction
- Made from high-quality glass fibre
- Available in many different colours
- 10 years warranty – no maintenance
- Complaint with safety regulations
- Quick and easy installation
- They can be retrofit onto all existing steel ladder rungs
- We can modify and cut as required
- Designed to improve visual safety
The combination of all these factors make our FRP ladder rung covers the best choice to increase safety on ladders. If you want more information about our rung covers, please contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please view our installation guide for Ladder Rung Covers here.
Anti-Slip GRP ladder rung covers are very quick and easy to install.
Our channel and half round ladder rungs are non-load bearing, and also designed for a quick and easy installation on existing ladder rungs. The only requirement for installation is a clean base.
These ladder rung covers are easily cut to size using orbital cutting equipment with a diamond blade. However, cutting should only be carried out outdoors, where there is a dust extraction or suitable ventilation.
Regular cleaning will keep your Ladder Rung Covers free of debris and looking new. Most household methods can be used such as detergents and mild degreasers – provided that they are diluted with water and immediately hosed off with water.
For stubborn deposits, use a stiff bristle brush. High pressure cleaning may be used in an industrial environment.
A minimum of ten years.
GRP Ladder Rung Covers can be considered environmentally friendly to some extent for several reasons:
- Long lifespan: GRP Ladder Rung Covers are designed to be durable and long-lasting, which reduces the need for frequent replacement and helps minimize waste.
- Low maintenance: They are resistant to water, chemicals, and other forms of wear and tear, which helps to reduce the need for frequent maintenance and repairs.
- Recyclable: GRP is a recyclable material, which means that at the end of its lifespan, it can be recycled. That helps to reduce waste and preserve natural resources.
- Energy efficient: The production of GRP is energy-efficient and does not produce harmful emissions or waste, which make it a more environmentally responsible choice compared to other materials.
Ladder rung covers will protect workers accessing ladders in all environments and settings.
View our Ladder Rung Cover Datasheet for more technical information.
Real Safety’s anti slip ladder rung covers are made of high quality fibreglass with embedded aluminum oxide grits. It is composed of a thermosetting resin matrix that is reinforced with glass fibers which gives it strength and durability. The surface of the covers is designed to prevent slipping, even when wet or oily. The rung covers are resistant to impact, corrosion and weathering which means they can withstand harsh environmental conditions and last for a long time. Once installed the rung covers require minimal maintenance. They do not rust, corrode or rot like traditional materials which means they do not need to be replaced or repaired as frequently.
Real Safety solutions are all classified with the highest scores as R13.
We stock and deliver two different types of ladder rung covers in standard safety yellow colour:
The two types can cover all standard rungs: Half-round on round ladder rungs and Channel on square and diamond shaped rungs.
Choosing the right anti slip ladder rung covers depends on several factors including:
- Assessing the type of ladder you have
- Certification and compliance
- Slip resistance rating needed
- Should they be highly visible and cost effective
- Installation method
- Determining the size and shape
- Identifying the environmental factors
We are experts in ladder safety, and work with clients through dialogue to find the right solution. We provide you with consultation, extensive technical information, drawings etc., to ensure that we develop and customise the products to fit your requirements.
If you need any assistance in selecting the right ladder rung cover, give us a call.
Other anti-slip solutions
Anti-slip step cover
A quick and cost-effective way to upgrade slippery stairs is to use Real Safety’s anti slip step covers. Safety covers will slip proof the area – but more importantly, the anti slip steps will prevent accidents from happening in the first place! Read more about our step covers.
Anti-slip stair tread gratings
These are pre-formed, GRP stair treads that replace existing stair covers. They are as strong as steel grates, low weight and corrosion free. Furthermore, they are 100% maintenance free and therefore offer great ROI. Read about our stair tread.
Anti-slip landing covers
Landing covers provide a slip-resistant surface on landing areas, such as the top or bottom of stairways and landings. They are made from high quality GRP – and come in four different colours and two surface grit options (industry or off-shore). Read about our landing covers.