Copenhagen University and Danish Radio City
Installation of anti-slip FRP grating surface on slippery pedestrian bridges in Copenhagen.
Real Safety were tasked with upgrading several steel bridges in the area around Copenhagen University and the Danish Broadcasting Corporation. This is an area that is heavily used by pedestrians and cyclists – all year round. The bridges span across a river, and were becoming very slippery in wet and wintery conditions – and therefore a risk for the public.
Anti-slip top surface
- FRP fiberglass gratings have an anti-slip surface that offer excellent slip resistance
- Grating only weigh about 1/3 of a steel grate, making them a cost-effective long-term investment
Long life span:
- FRP gratings provide outstanding durability all year round
- Lasts much longer than steel grates as there is no corrosion.
- Light and easy to handle. Does not require painting, sandblasting or replacement.
- The area is easily cleaned by high-pressure water
Original bridges with steel grating surface
After installation of Real Safety anti-slip FRP grating
Read more about our FRP anti-slip grating solutions.