High-quality GRP landing covers
It is important to pay attention to the landings on stairs, and the primary function of our non-slip landing covers is to provide a slip-resistant surface that prevents slips, trips and falls on stair landings.
Real Safety’s GRP landing covers are high-quality products with yellow “noses”. They will ensure that there is increased visibility, safety and awareness in the area. This happens automatically when you experience a different surface material with improved visibility because of the yellow signal colour.
The non-slip landing covers are used in a wide range of settings such as industrial, commercial and chemical plants etc. and a cost-effective way to upgrade slippery areas.
What are the benefits?
Landing cover safety benefits for industrial, commercial, and other settings include:
- Prevent accidents: Staircases and landings can be hazardous, particularly in wet or slippery conditions. Our landing covers can provide additional traction – reducing the risk of injuries.
- Cost- effective solution: Using non-slip landing covers can be a cost effective solution for improving safety on staircases.
- Protect against liability: Installing our anti slip landing covers can reduce the risk of accidents and protect against liability claims.
- Durable and long-lasting: Our landing covers are designed to withstand heavy foot traffic and harsh weather conditions, making them an ideal slip-resistant solution.
We aim to reduce the risks through unique customized solutions, using materials that minimize maintenance, enhance safety and promote sustainability.
Visit our Youtube Channel where you can subscribe and view product videos.
10 years warranty
Durable, high-quality GRP
Non slip landing covers are designed to be placed on landings in a variety of areas including stairs, ramps and other areas where there is a risk of slipping and falling.
We offer two types of grid: for offshore / heavy industrial applications and for industrial and commercial applications.
In many industries and jurisdictions, it is a legal requirement to provide slip-resistant surfaces in certain areas. Our non-slip landing covers for stairs can help ensure compliance with safety regulations and avoid costly fines and legal action. These products have a high coefficient of friction (COF) rating, which means they provide excellent slip resistance and extra grip which is important for stairs with a high-risk area for slips and falls.
- Offshore installations
- Warehouses and factories
- Marine industry
- Public and private settings
Anti-slip landing covers is a cost-effective solution for organizations and institutions looking to create a safer environment for their employees, customers and visitors without breaking the bank.
Real Safety´s stair landing covers are not load bearing and are sold for installation over existing surfaces including steel or aluminum plate, diamond, checker plate, grating, wood, tile and concrete. You can install the non slip stair mats with mechanical fasteners (clips and screws), self drilling and / or using adhesive.
When choosing anti-slip landing covers for steel, wooden or concrete areas, it is important to also consider the size and texture of the landing covers as well as the level of slip-resistance they provide.
Visit our YouTube Channel to see the installation video of our step covers or contact us for more information.
Slips, trips and falls, especially on stairs, are a common cause of occupational accidents.
584,371 accidents at work occured in the EU due to slipping, stumbling and falling in 2019 – of which 520 accidents were fatal, according to the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work, (EU-OSHA).
The agency also notes that stairs and steps are among the hazardous areas in workplaces, and that slip and trip hazards can be exacerbated by environmental factors such as wet or greasy surfaces, loose mats, or worn or damaged treads.
Businesses and employers have a legal obligation to provide a safe working environment for their employees and take reasonable steps to prevent accidents and injuries. Implementing safety measures such as non-slip landing covers can help prevent accidents and create a safer workplace environment.
Failure to comply with safety measures in the workplace can have serious consequences for companies including:
- Legal liability
- Lost productivity
- Increased compensation claims
- Damage to reputation
- Fines and penalties
Our GRP landing covers offer a practical and efficient way to improve safety in areas where slipping, tripping and falling accidents are a concern.
- We have encapsulated sharp aluminum oxide grits into the surface of the glass fiber to provide the step grips with optimum friction
- Can be installed by anyone, in all weather conditions
- Can be retrofitted onto existing surfaces regardless of base (wood, checker plate, gratings, concrete etc.)
- Designed to enhance visual safety.
- Available in a solid color or in a combination of two colors – typically black with a yellow “nose”
- Resistant to wear and tear, corrosion, chemicals and UV rays – without becoming brittle or deteriorating or losing their anti-slip properties.
- We can print text, pictograms or logos on the landing covers – making them useful as safety reminders – for example: “Use handrail”
- We can modify and cut as required
- 10 years warranty – with no maintenance
- Real Safety solutions are all classified with the highest score as R13.
- A cost-effective solution for improving safety in high traffic areas.
- Real Safety’s solutions are industry “best practice”.
We offer our clients a personal consultancy approach to gain an in-depth understanding of the industry they serve and the challenges they are facing, so we can provide them with the best safety upgrade solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the answer you are looking for here, please contact us.
Please view our installation guide for Step and Landing Covers here.
Our landing covers are non-load bearing, and are pre-fabricated for quick and easy installation over existing substrates – including concrete, metal, fiberglass, steel and composite grating, wood and tile.
Depending on the base material of construction and surface to be covered, mechanical fasteners, urethane adhesive, PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive) and tack-welding can be used. Pre-drilling holes are available to aid in the process.
Regular cleaning keeps the covers free of debris and looking new. Most household methods are suitable. Detergents and mild degreasers work well too – provided that they are diluted with water and immediately hosed off with water. For stubborn deposits, use a stiff bristle brush. High pressure heated water (660 psi, as used in food processing plants) may be used in industrial environments.
All our landing covers have a minimum 10 year guarantee.
The sustainability of GRP non-slip landing covers depends on several factors such as the manufacturing process, transportation, and end-of-life disposal.
- Long lifespan: GRP landing covers have a longer lifespan and require less maintenance than traditional materials like wood or concrete. Therefore, GRP landing covers have a lower carbon footprint and are less resource-intensive over their lifespan.
- Energy efficient: The covers are lightweight and easy to install, which reduces transportation and installation costs and energy consumption. They are also resistant to corrosion, UV rays and harsh weather conditions, which mean they require less frequent replacement and maintenance.
- Recyclable: The covers can be recycled or re-used, which reduces waste and conserves resources. Although GRP cannot be melted down and recycled like some other materials, it can be ground up and used as a filler material for other products or even reused in other applications.
Anti slip landing covers are important because they can help prevent slip and fall accidents.
All our GRP anti slip solutions are made of high quality composite material that combines fiberglass and a polymer resin.
The fiberglass provides the structural integrity of the landing cover, while the resin acts as a binding agent that holds the fibers together and provides protection against corrosion and weathering – making them suitable for use in harsh environments or industrial or commercial settings.
The non-slip properties of our GRP landing covers come from the addition of aluminum oxide grits, which are encapsulated into the surface to provide extreme friction.
The slip resistance level of Real Safety’s solutions are all classified with the highest score of R13. DIN 51130 R-Value slipperiness classification ratings range from R9 – R13.
When choosing the right anti slip landing covers for a particular surface, there are several surface factors to consider:
- Surface material
- Slip resistance rating
- Traffic volume
- Environmental conditions
- Compliance with safety regulations
- Size and shape
By following these steps, you can choose the anti-slip landing cover that suits your needs and specifications to enhance the safety and durability of your risk area.
Other anti-slip solutions
Anti-slip step nosing
These are anti-slip strips of GRP material that are installed on the edge of stairs to provide a non-slip surface. Our GRP stair nosing is designed for mounting onto existing steps in order to effectively upgrade the safety of the stairs. Read more about our step nosing.
Anti-slip stair tread gratings
These are pre-formed, GRP stair treads that replace existing stair covers. They are as strong as steel grates, low weight and corrosion free. Furthermore, they are 100% maintenance free and therefore offer great ROI. Read about our stair tread